You must apply online by logging into your Portal account. If you qualify to apply for the Evaluating Examination, you will find the application in your account. The online application is only available until 12 noon (Eastern time) on the application deadline date.
Instructions for Completing the Application
Login to your Portal account and follow the instructions to complete the application and pay the fee:
- Exam date – Confirm the upcoming exam date.
- Exam site
- The site you select is only intended for planning purposes. You will select your actual exam location when you schedule your exam with Prometric.
- PEBC reserves the right to exclude any of the exam locations listed from any given administration if the site is not available, there are not enough applicants for that site or for other reasons.
- There may be reductions in capacity and possible cancellations at some locations due to COVID-19 restrictions, leading up to the examination date. Please check your email and the PEBC website Latest News regularly for any updates.
- Exam language – The exam is provided in French or English. You must indicate in which language you wish to take the exam and are then required to complete the exam in that language.
- Exam accommodations – please see the PEBC exam accommodations information and indicate whether or not you will submit a request for exam accommodations.
- Once you complete the application you must pay the application fee.
- If you have funds on account with PEBC please use the 3rd Party Payment option in the fee section of the application and follow the instructions provided. If you do not have enough money on account to cover the entire exam fee, please contact email@example.com for further instructions.
IMPORTANCE OF MEETING APPLICATION DEADLINE:
It is important to ensure that your application and fee for the Evaluating Examination are completed by 12 noon EST on the deadline date, even if your eligibility to take the examination is conditional until receipt of transcripts, confirmation of graduation or required remediation.
Overseas candidates who require a visa to take the exam in Canada are strongly encouraged to apply for their visa prior to the application deadline date. Usual refund policies (see Withdrawal and Refunds sections) apply for withdrawal due to visa refusal.
Steps Following Completion of Application and Fee Payment
If there are any issues with your application, you will be notified by email within 6 weeks of completion of your application and payment of your fee.
No later than two weeks prior to the exam, candidates will receive an invitation to schedule their exam appointment with Prometric, including the exact time, date and location. If it is less than two weeks prior to the exam and you have not received your invitation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see COVID-19 Updates on the Prometric website, to see how the COVID-19 pandemic has affected the availability of test centres in the following cities:
The test centres in Canada include approved locations selected from the following: Vancouver, Victoria, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Hamilton, London, Mississauga, Toronto (Downtown), Toronto (North York), Whitby, Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, St. John’s.
International Test Centres
Candidates are required to schedule their exam appointment with a start time that falls within the exam window indicated in the Invitation to Schedule, including appointments at international test centres. Appointments scheduled outside of the exam window will be cancelled by PEBC.
The following international locations offer PEBC exams, however, due to time zone differences, not all test centres will have available start times that fall within the exam window:
Egypt (Alexandria, Cairo), India (Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai), Palestine (Ramallah), Jordan (Amman), Kenya (Nairobi), Kuwait (Kuwait), Lebanon (Beirut), Nigeria (Lagos), Oman (Muscat), Pakistan (Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore), Philippines (Cebu City), Qatar (Doha), Saudi Arabia (Jeddah, Riyadh), South Africa (Durban, Johannesburg), South Korea (Seoul), Turkey (Ankara, Istanbul, Izmir), Uganda (Kampala), United Arab Emirates (Abu Dhabi, Dubai), United Kingdom (London), various cites across the United States.
Exam Location Selection
Candidates can choose to take the exam at a Prometric test centre or at home by remote proctoring, when they schedule their exam with Prometric, after receiving an Invitation to Schedule. To find out more and prepare for remote proctoring, please see Remote Proctoring information.
Note: The Board reserves the right to cancel the exam at any of the stated locations if there are not enough applicants for that location or for other reasons.
Invitation to Schedule
Candidates will schedule their Evaluating Examination on their own, with Prometric, when they have received an Invitation to Schedule, no later than 2 weeks before the exam. The Invitations to Schedule are provided on a first come, first served basis, based on the date PEBC receives the Evaluating Examination application.
It is recommended that you NOT make your travel arrangements more than one month in advance of the exam date.
Rescheduling, Changing Exam Centre or Exam Method
To reschedule your exam, change your exam centre or exam method, visit www.prometric.com. Do not cancel your exam. Select ‘Rescheduling’ under ‘Test Centre’ to complete any of these actions.
Deadline: You may reschedule, change your exam centre or your exam method up to 48 hours prior to the first day of the exam window.
The Pharmacist Evaluating Examination is available in both official languages: French and English.
You must indicate on your application in which language you wish to take the exam and are then required to complete the exam in that language.