You are required to first complete the ID and Education Verification application if you graduated in Canada from a CCAPP accredited pharmacy program and intend to apply for the Pharmacist Qualifying Examination for the first time.
Please consider the following timeline before applying, to ensure you have enough time to complete ID and Education Verification and the Qualifying Examination application before an upcoming deadline.
- Applying – Please only apply if you are in your final year of the pharmacy program and are expecting to graduate in the next 9 months.
- Submitting Hardcopy Documents – Part of the application process is submitting hardcopies of your application and ID. Once PEBC receives your application it could take up to 6 weeks for your application to be processed. It will then either be approved or you will be notified that there is an issue needing to be resolved.
- Issue Resolution – The timing depends on how long a specific issue takes for you to resolve.
- Qualifying Exam Application Access – Once your ID and Education Verification is approved, the Qualifying Examination applications will be added to your Candidate Portal account once the applications have been opened for that session or within 5 business days of approval, if the applications have already been opened. The applications will be for the next exam with an upcoming deadline. The Qualifying Examination application(s) can be completed online with no hardcopy documents required, so you can apply the same day the applications are made available to you.
Applying for ID and Education Verification
Please use the CANADIAN GRADUATES self-enrollment application link to apply.
There are two phases for the ID and Education Verification application. The second phase will be made available to you once you complete the first phase.
Please provide your complete name, address, preferred language and date of birth. When entering your name make sure it appears exactly as it is on the valid, government issued identification you will be submitting to PEBC.
Address – You do not need to use your home address. Enter the address PEBC should use when mailing something to you.
Provide the information requested.
- Please ensure you only include your undergraduate pharmacy degree information. PEBC only evaluates your undergraduate education credentials to determine that they are the equivalent of a four-year undergraduate pharmacy degree in Canada. PEBC does not evaluate the equivalency of your highest level of education and cannot make use of any post-graduate education information.
Declaration and Terms and Conditions
Please acknowledge the Declaration Statements and PEBC`s Privacy Policies to complete your application. You will first need to read PEBC`s Privacy Policies found here.
Permission for Representative
Here you can indicate whether you would like to give permission for someone else to correspond with PEBC on your behalf. This only allows a representative to email PEBC to discuss your file using the email address you provide. All other correspondence and documents will be sent to you directly.
If you do not want to have a representative correspond with PEBC on your behalf, please answer the first question and skip the remaining questions.
2. ID and Education Verification
Please complete the following steps to apply for ID and Education Verification. You will also need to courier hard copies of your application and ID documents to PEBC. Instructions are provided within each step here and in the Portal application.
Application - Paper Version
The link to download the hard copy of the application is available within the Application – Paper Version step of the Portal ID and Education Verification application.
Please follow these guidelines to properly complete the paper version of the application.
- You can fill in the application form before printing it or fill it in with pen by hand after printing it.
- Enter your name on your application exactly as it appears on the identification you are submitting with your application.
- Fill out the other information requested.
- Attach a passport-acceptable photo to the application that was taken within the past year. The photo cannot be a photocopy or have been altered in any way.
- You will need to have your application witnessed by one of the following:
- Notary Public – stamp/seal and signature required
- Commissioner for Oaths – stamp/seal and signature required
- Lawyer – license number and signature required
- Embassy/Consulate Official – stamp/seal and signature required
- Pharmacist or pharmacy technician, provincially licensed in Canada – license number and signature required
- While with your witness:
- Sign the application in the space provided
- Have your witness complete the Witness Declaration section
- Have your witness sign/stamp the photo as indicated on the application
- Once you have completed the application, send it and accompanying documents, with tracking, to PEBC.
Be sure to confirm that you have mailed your application to PEBC to complete this step of the application.
Note: Any information you already completed in your profile will be auto completed on this portion of your application.
PEBC requires a properly certified copy of one of the following showing your name exactly as it appears on your application and other documents:
- Your valid (unexpired) passport
- Your birth certificate
- Both sides of your Canadian Citizenship Card (only if it shows all names, including middle names)
*Do not submit your Permanent Resident Card as primary identification.
PEBC requires a properly certified copy of one of the following for each name change
- Your marriage certificate
- Your change of name certificate
If you have been married more than once, you will need to submit marriage or divorce papers for each marriage. Each document must show your surname before and after the marriage so we can track your names from one document to the next.
These are acceptable reasons for not being able to meet the requirements detailed above
- None of these documents were ever issued to you and cannot be issued
- You no longer have any of these documents and they cannot be reissued
- Your primary ID does not show your full, legal name as it appears on your application
- If your name on your ID is spelled differently on your primary ID than on your application
- The names on your degree, transcript or licensing statement are different than your name on your ID
If you are unable to submit the required documents due to any of the reasons listed you will need to make a statutory declaration before a Notary Public, Commissioner for Oaths, lawyer or embassy/consulate official. You must submit the original statutory declaration and it must state:
- The official name as it appears on your application and other documents
- Your date of birth
- The reason you must submit a statutory declaration instead of meeting the primary ID requirements
To support the statutory declaration, you will need to submit certified copies of two pieces of valid, government issued ID, such as a driver’s license or health card. These pieces of ID must show your date of birth and your name exactly as they appear in your statutory declaration.
Please have each page of your ID documents certified by one of the following:
- Notary Public – Stamp/seal and signature required
- Commissioner for Oaths – Stamp/seal and signature required
- Lawyer – License number and signature required
- Embassy/Consulate Official – Stamp/seal and signature required
- Pharmacist or pharmacy technician licensed in Canada – license number and signature required
You must ensure the photo you upload meets these requirements or it will be rejected and will slow down your application process.
- A passport acceptable photo of yourself, identical to the photo glued to the hard copy of your application
- Taken within one year of submission of your application
- Have the extension .jpg
- Be less than 200 Kb in size
- Be 400 x 600 pixels minimum and 600 x 800 maximum
- Scanned at 300 dpi
- Cropped so there is no extra space around the perimeter of your photo, except for photo border
- It cannot be part of a scan of an identification document
- Do not upload more than one photo.
Be sure to confirm your ID documents were sent to PEBC in order to complete ID Verification step.
Your information will be auto completed based on what you entered during the Profile phase. Please review the information and confirm that it is correct or make any necessary changes.
This step of the application is for PEBC only. You do not need to do anything for this step.
Submitting Hard Copies of Documents to PEBC
After completing the online portions of the application, you must send PEBC hard copies of your application and ID documents. Please follow the instructions included above to correctly complete the hard copies of your documents before submitting them. You will need to courier your documents to the address found in the Contact Us section. PEBC recommends you send your documents with a tracking number so you can confirm delivery with the courier.
Steps Following Submission of IDV Application
- Once PEBC receives the hardcopy of your application it will take up to six weeks for receipt of your application to be acknowledged and for the PEBC Review step in the portal to be updated.
- If your application has outstanding requirements you will need to provide them before your ID and Education Verification can be approved.
- Once your ID and Education Verification are approved, the Qualifying Examination applications will be added to your Candidate Portal account once the applications have been opened for that session or within 5 business days of approval, if the applications have already been opened.
- Always include your PEBC ID number in any correspondence with PEBC. Your PEBC ID is provided in your Portal account.
- Allow 2 business days for a response to any inquiry you make before contacting the office about the same matter again.
- Keep your Portal account updated with any changes to your contact information – address, telephone number and email address – by logging into your account and making the changes in your Portal profile.
- PEBC will primarily communicate by email. Be sure to check your email regularly and make sure your email settings will allow PEBC emails to reach your inbox.
- PEBC does not acknowledge receipt of any documents until your ID Verification application and fee are received. If you wish to know the delivery status of a document, please check with your courier.