Canadian graduates – must complete photo renewal if they have not been registered within 5 years of their ID and Education Verification approval date.
US graduates – must complete photo renewal if they have completed one part of the Qualifying Examination but are not registered by PEBC within 5 years of the date on their US Document Evaluation application.
Other International graduates – must complete photo renewal if they have passed the Evaluating Examination but are not registered by PEBC within 5 years of the date on their Document Evaluation results letter.
Photo Renewal Application
If you are required to complete Photo Renewal, the application will appear in your Portal account. The application itself will guide you through the requirements. There is nothing to mail to PEBC, but your new photo and the completed application must be uploaded to the Portal for review and approval.
Download the paper version of the pharmacist Photo Renewal application and follow these guidelines to properly complete the paper version of the application:
- You can fill in the application form before printing it or fill it in with pen by hand after printing it.
- Enter your name on your application exactly as it appears on the identification you are submitting with your application.
- Fill out the other information requested. You do not need to use your home address. Enter the address PEBC should use when sending mail to you.
- Attach a passport-acceptable photo to the application that was taken within the past year. The photo cannot be a photocopy or have been altered in any way.
- You will need to have your application witnessed by one of the following:
- Notary public from anywhere in the world – stamp/seal and signature required
- Commissioner for oaths from anywhere in the world – stamp/seal and signature required
- Lawyer from anywhere in the world – license number and signature required
- Embassy/consulate official from anywhere in the world – stamp/seal and signature required
- Pharmacist or pharmacy technician currently licensed by a Canadian Provincial Regulatory Authority (PRA) – license number and signature requiredIf a stamp is just an imprint you can trace over it with a pencil so it shows up in the scan.The documents you send to PEBC must show the witness’ original stamps and/or signature plus your witness’ license number, if applicable.
- While with your witness:
- Sign the application in the space provided
- Have your witness complete the Witness Declaration section
- Have your witness sign/stamp the photo as indicated on the application
- Once you have completed the application, scan the whole document and upload it as the instructions indicate. Keep the original, as PEBC may request it if there is an issue that requires follow up.
- If PEBC requests that you submit the original application, courier it with tracking to PEBC.
You must ensure the photo you upload meets these requirements or it will be rejected and will slow down your application process.
- A passport acceptable photo of yourself – it must be same passport acceptable photo that you glue to the hard copy of your application
- Taken within one year of submission of your application
- Have the extension .jpg
- Be less than 200 Kb in size
- Be 400 x 600 pixels minimum and 600 x 800 maximum
- Scanned at 300 dpi
- Cropped so there is no extra space around the perimeter of your photo, except for photo border
- It cannot be part of a scan of an identification document
- Do not upload more than one photo.
Once you have met all the requirements, it will take up to 4 weeks for your Photo Renewal application to be reviewed. Once your application is approved, the exam applications you are eligible to apply for will be added to your Portal account within one week if the application window is open.